Wednesday, November 5

Feet

Today started in an unusual way, we find a presentation by a podiatrist. I wasn't too surprised that still a lot of people turned up late, including some teachers. Jason didn't know too much about AT, yet he unknowningly incorporated some of its ideas into his presentation. I liked his professional attitude, his presence and the way he integrated any feedback into his time in front of an unusual audience.

We did the turns afterwards, and I had another one with Matt. I challenged him by working on juggling, and he made me aware of my 'fixation' while standing and performing. I noticed myself how much I shortened myself in my shoulder during the 'warm-up' routine, and the pattern of locking my knees while standing is worth exploring some more.

I spend some time before we re-visited Jason's little check-up on feet and balance playing around with Ana. However, I still wonder why I have so much more problems to maintain my 'up' in school, while it gets easier in most other situations. Especially with unicycling I feel like making big advances when I had a go to cycle around the little oval in the neighborhood.

No comments: