Tuesday, November 11

Systematic

This term offered many surprises, the lack of any predictable structure among them. This way I can excuse my own lazyness of keeping track of the work. I seem to be able to maintain more uptime outside school, something brings me down there. Strange.

The turn with Libby offered some more insight of the activation pattern for holding in the front, while I exercised restraint during Razia's C&C session.

I realised today that my former job offered similar challenges. Systems own a specific structure, which offers a certain functionality. The use of the system feeds back to its structure and functionality. As system administrator I analyzed networks in order to increase their efficiency and often functionality. I had to test any change before implementing it, a bit like chairwork. And like with the current work, I rather aimed for long-term solutions taking the use into account than looking for a quick fix.

No comments: