Tuesday, April 29

Duality

I worked with Jenny on the my pattern of standing with my hips arched forward. I can see this pattern in the mirror, and sense some of its components, but haven't managed to inhibit it. I noticed more distinctly the moments during the movement when I tend to shorten myself.

David made us observe each in the group work getting in out of the chair. Our misuse is less apparent, which makes this task challenging, but quite efficient as well. The book session led into a discussion about the historical context of Alexanders writing.

Jenny gaves an inspiring task on the chair: Slowly tilting forward, while thinking about picking up something and getting up from the chair alternatively. The initial torso movement does not differ for both activities, which allowed us to notice the superfluos activation of muscles for either activity.

No comments: