Tuesday, September 23

Eyeless in Fitzroy

The last three days went clearly in a blur.I got some pinhole glasses last week and started investigating my visual system a bit more. Peter Grunwald's book seemed very cvompelling to me, so I looked forward meeting the man himself to see for myself what he had to offer.

I wnet to school on sunday with my lenses in my jacket, and I didn't wear them at school since then. It takes me about 30 minutes to walk to school, plenty of time to experiment with my vision. I did not find a comparable case of my vision problem in his book, so I wanted to find out whether I belong to the contracted or overexpanded or mixed type.

Currently I have the impression that my right eye (my left visual cortex) contracts, while the other part overextends, however, I want to confirm this in my private lesson tomorrow. During the workshop guided me through specific parts of my visual pathway, the palpability of this communication between nervous systems stunned me.

Like with everything Alexander, repetition helps achieving an ever more subtle understanding. The workshop participant seemed more receptive than my fellow students, while I used the opportunity to enhance 'thinking' myself into the visual pathway. The thought of regaining my vision still exhilarates me, a bargain I never asked for.

No comments: