Wednesday, June 4

Taking it easy

While the first days at school felt quite odd, without Mum & Dad, David's presence took the edge away. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy my turn with Ann, I think I learned some bits as well.

The group with Duncan fitted into the category of criticism that came up in the group meeting, it seemed a bit random. However, using eating as activity unveiled to me that the time spend using a habit makes it more and more 'invisible'.

The second group with Ann worked out much better, even though she had the tough job of dealing with a really large group. However, it seems like she uses more of the Psychosynthesis approach, starting from the positive aspects. Unlike more paradigmatic Alexander teachers, she's using what works in a given situation, and thereby representing the mental clarity and flexibility promised by the technique.

No comments: