Tuesday, March 18

Biking

I need to learn to trust the body mechanics again. During my turn with Bronwyn I managed to walk in a natural way, falling forward and letting my legs swing to keep me going. I like working with her a lot, following the directions for specific parts of the body, although I'm still tempted to "feel it out" occasionally. The idea of directing my tail to keep my back back help a lot.

The group work was a lot about observation, as my bike still needs fixing and we watched how Ineke, Simon and Stephen rode their bikes. Having more 600 muscles means plenty of opportunity to use more than required, and identifying misuse helps giving a student information how to direct and what to inhibit.

In Jenny's group we put our hands on the back of a chair, and even without the strong stimulus of a human body it challenged me a lot. I embarked on a long journey, and have to inhibit the temptation to try hard. Continuos practice, without to much care about the result, will improve the sensitivity to a usable state.

No comments: