Friday, May 2

Backside

I worked with Libby on my habit to push the hips forward, and discovered some interesting relation. Part of the pattern to arch the body forward from the hips is excess tension in the back of the legs. Now, reflecting on this, it seems utterly logical: The weight is pushed in front of the body, so the back needs to "hold on".

During the group work we investigated our feet and ankle joints. Movements of the foot are mostly controlled by muscles in the back of the legs, which show an amazing amount of activity. When studying drawings and the skeleton I realised my funny ideas about the ankle joint, during our experiments I become very aware of the different mobility of left and right ankle joints.

As part of group work we moved one of us back and forth and to the sides to notice the range of passive movement available to the ankle joint. Walking after this felt incredibly easy, slowly I manage to connect my body throughout.

No comments: