Wednesday, February 6

Activities

I had my turn for the first time with Anne, and it yielded some interesting results. She made aware about my tendency to anticipating the teacher's move, and her hands were sufficiently sensitive to make me feel the difference between availability and helping the teacher. I felt as well a connection from my feet up to my head - well, just with a released neck, of course.

I juggled as activity, and managed some noticeable ease, after releasing hips, knees and ankles. Duncan's idea to consider when an activity starts (does it start with the throwing of the first balls, putting the arms in front of the body or by picking up the balls?) helped a lot in conducting this activity.

I still have no clue how to use my hands to do teachers work - but I realise how much fine-tuning into my body I need to keep myself coordinated. Anne's anatomy group helped in raising this awareness, as she talked us to different areas of the body. Her homework challenges my constructed self-image. I tend to consider myself as the whole body, but spontaneously just my eyes appeared in front of mental eye. Mentally, my head still floats around somewhere, yet I certainly felt easy after the turn with Anne.

Let's see how much I can get a conversation going about psycho-physical unity, and use language more precise to avoid constructing a distinction between mind and body.

No comments: