Friday, February 15

Kung Fu

Duncan came in today to work with the students, and we working on my horse stance and my punches. I hesitated to work on this, as I thought that without knowing Wing Chun correcting anything would not work, but Duncan proved me wrong. After two years I still lean back in the horse stance, which affects my punching as well. I got pretty much used to a specific stress pattern in my legs, and just by moving the hips a bit more back I get can upright in my stance. And instead of allowing the elbow to go straight up to finish a punch, I wanted to extend from my shoulder.

I felt overstimulated during the group work, as Duncan explained a lot, which made focusing on my proprioception more difficult than usual. The simple of act of directing myself out of chair after leaning back allowed for some variations full of effort. I got more tired this week than before, although I'm still progressing, at least I think so.

No comments: